The Concrete Institute of Australia is an independent, not for profit organisation made up of many members who share a common interest in staying at the forefront of concrete technology, design and construction in this country.
Concrete Institute of Australia aims to be the primary independent organisation related to the concrete industry in Australia in which everyone who aspires to excellence in concrete technology, application, design and construction will seek membership.
The mission of Concrete Institute of Australia is to promote and develop excellence in concrete technology, application, design and construction throughout Australia.
Working together, our values:
- Maintaining an open mind
- Receptive to new ideas
- Respect of others view points
- Respect of others knowledge, experience and expertise
- Shared interests and mutual benefits not positions
- Aim for shared understanding
- To provide a forum for the sharing of knowledge and experience between members and to disseminate this information for the benefit of the concrete and construction industry in general.
- To increase membership to ensure representation and support from all segments of the concrete and construction industry.
- To facilitate communications and encourage participation for all members through technical meetings, seminars and publications, and, in particular, through the magazine Concrete in Australia.
- To raise the profile of the Institute, and increase public awareness and definition of its place in the construction industry through a clearly identified image.
- To provide industry representation on behalf of the membership through promotion of good concrete construction, and to establish and maintain relations with appropriate local, national and international bodies.